Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Scrap Attack Tuesday - March Mission Accomplished

Welcome to another edition of Scrap Attack Tuesday Wednesday!!  My goals for the year were written up in THIS POST.  March was a crazy month filled with extra hours away from my studio, a wedding quilt to complete, and a commission quilt demanding additional attention.  Even so, it was my goal to accomplish SOMETHING with my fabric scraps, thanks to the encouragement from Sarah and the Scrap Attack Challenge!

Here is the result from the March Job Pull...


From my Scrap Attack list:

4. Like Katie, Sew the bucket of Bonus HSTs from Ruth S.


Nice spring-y colors.  Look!  There's even some LIGHT GREEN for the RSC.

CHECK!!!

Here I am, sewing away.  The container held WAY more triangles than I ever imagined:



The last of the HSTs were sew on the LAST day of March:



I even got a head start on April's Color of the Month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  See those YELLOW bits?  Color me happy.  :o))

Thanks to the quilters who inspired my Scrap Attack goal list, I'm adding this project from my secondary list, in case I have extra time or enthusiasm in any given month:

6. Make something with gifted scraps like Sharon.



Those are the scraps from Sandy.  (Thanks again!!)  I've made a Quilted Yarn Bowl out of them, but realized that I'm just not done with them yet.  There are MORE items waiting to be made from Sandy's cast offs.  SEW much more!!  :o))

CHECK!!

I made another Quilted Bowl, but I'm not sure what to call it:



Yarn Bowl?  Giant Thread Catcher??


In this photo, I called it Show and Tell:


I'm just glad that the scrap gods smiled on me by giving me a fairly easy task assignment this month!!

Why, Joyful???

Because I've also got a UFO to complete before the beginning of April.  I can't very well attend a family wedding without bringing a quilt along for the gift!!!  What kind of aunt would that make me?!  Especially, when the bride and groom requested one.

BONUS CHECK!!



I'm not exactly sure how/why this didn't get posted yesterday.

Linked up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday (a week later.)  Lots of quilters join in sharing their recently completed work.  Check it out!

Until next time...
Attack those SCRAPS!!!

8 comments:


  1. Lots accomplished, neat yarn bowl (or whatever!), and a gorgeous wedding quilt! Way to go!!! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll with your goal this month, and it's only the 5th! Go, Joy, go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having way too much fun with you scraps! Glad you have a wedding quilt to make so things will calm down a little bit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! You got the wedding quilt done! Great job. I'd call that scrap bowl a chocolate holder... you know for by the machine! I know.. I'm a bad influence =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the Wedding quilt finished. It turned out beautifully. You did a great job attacking and conquering that batch of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would call that a chocolate basket, but maybe that's just me. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is beautiful, but for some reason I especially love that particular Quilted Bowl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.