Saturday, December 24, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 52

Welcome to Week 52 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I'm not sure HOW we have arrived at Week 52 of the RSC, but we have.  I continually hope that I will have done some work on one (or more) of my RSC projects.

Let's see how that panned out this week...

SUNDAY - I spent the afternoon quilting on the last four minis in my Christmas Tree Lot series:



MONDAY - I was up early to help DH get out on time.  After that, it was a trip to the doctor with DS2.  (No worries, just a check up.) The afternoon was spent binding quilts.  Three out of the "Tree Lot" were bound:



The last one posed a challenge in thread color selection.  That's OK!  Tomorrow is another day (and it's time for dinner, anyway.)

TUESDAY - Got up even EARLIER!!  Was up for a couple of hours and then went back to bed and slept LATE!!  I goofed around on the internet for a while and then went off to do the grocery shopping.

Upon my return, I went up to the studio to finish the LAST tree in the lot:


With THAT done, I turned to my En Provence Mystery Quilt.  You can read all about that in THIS POST.


WEDNESDAY - I did a bit of work on my En Provence Mystery...



... Before turning my attention to Wonderful Wednesday - The Tree Lot Edition (where you can read all about my TWELVE Christmas Tree mini quilts, thanks to a wonderful tutorial from Kevin the Quilter.  This is the time to sort your scraps and begin projects for NEXT year's gift giving.  Go have a LOOK!!

THURSDAY - My weekly Quilt Group celebrated our Holiday Luncheon today.  All I can say is... YUM!!!

During the gift-giving section of the meeting, the quilters were VERY surprised (and thrilled) by my offerings.  What did I give them, you ask??  Hint!!  See yesterday's entry.  :o))

As others sat around working and waiting for Show and Tell, I cut the borders for THIS quilt:



I decided that it has "marinated" long enough and NEEDS to be finished by the end of the year!!  Now, let's see if I can make it happen.  Maybe sew, maybe no, but I'm going to try!

FRIDAY - Since I missed Knit Group on Monday, several members agreed to meet today.  I was pleased to show off my completed Quaker Yarn Stretcher shawl and my nearly completed Christmas Magic Cowl.

I met DH at Home Depot after the meeting. We spent an hour or two in the plumbing isle trying to decide on a new faucet.  Ours developed a leak (just like our original did just two years ago!) Santa's got a new job this Christmas!!

The evening was spent with a new little friend.  We are just getting to know each other and plan to spend more time together in the coming months.

SATURDAY - Joined Angela's LINK PARTY (so that other RSC Quilters can feel good about their progress.)  With any luck at all, I may have some to show NEXT week!!!  (Given my success rate thus far, I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you.)

Enjoy your Holiday weekend!!  I'm off to wrap presents.  When the dust clears, I'll make my rounds of all the RSC Quilters' posts.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, surrounded by loved ones, laughter, pleasant surprises and health. Oh! and quilty stuff too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little trees turned out so cute - love the different quilting styles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are so cute! I'm with you on hoping to have something to show next week! Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees are quite an accomplishment! I bet your friends loved them! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those trees are so sweet!
    I didn't get much sewing done this week, either. And what I did get done is gifty sewing, so I can't show it yet anyway. Next week will be less hectic, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stars!! You are one busy quilter (and knitter)!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a very busy week! So much accomplished - and you were joyful too? Wow - I'm impressed :*). I've got to get busy and make some of those sweet trees! Merry Christmas & have an amazing 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute mini trees! Another year finishing up ... where does the time GO. You are one busy lady. I enjoy reading your post. Please blog on in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on celebrating! You can finish that quilt this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.