Saturday, November 19, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 47

Welcome to Week 47 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  My goal for this week was to get back into the habit of spending time up in the sewing room.  You see, I've fallen out of the habit.  It's sad, but true.  My place of refuge hasn't been drawing me in.

I was excited to get sewing upon my return from Quilt Camp. Really, I was!!  I even had a Sew Day with my friends.  That was GREAT and I was energized, but that was a busy week.

That busy week ended with a trip to SAFF.  Which you might have read about HERE.  Needless to say, getting excited about YARN didn't help my desire to spend time SEWING!!!  :o((

Once home, I took some time to relax.  One day turned into two and so on, until TWO WEEKS had gone by without sewing a single stitch!  Can you believe it???

Well, finally, enough was ENOUGH and I set about completing just ONE task each day this week.  Cleaning up the mess on the ironing board (it's a flat surface, you know.)  Putting away a pile of fabric sitting on the cutting table (it's a flat surface, too!)  Finishing a little something, or ANYTHING really!!  Small tasks that don't take much time, but get me in the studio.

Let's see how far I got...

SUNDAY afternoon, I put away the project littering the ironing board.  That one clear surface did wonders for the entire room!!

On MONDAY, I missed Knit Group and I spent NO TIME in the studio... I was in Raleigh all day.  The quarterly meeting of the APQS Owner's Group was on today's agenda.  I brought along THIS Circle Lord template board:



It's one that came with my (still) new-to-me APQS Longarm Quilting Machine.  I had hoped that Angela, at Thread Waggle Quilting, could show me how to set them up properly.  This Swirls board is what I'm leaning toward using on my recently completed (sans borders) Think Spring quilt:



On TUESDAY, my task was finishing up a pair of gift bags for some little friends.  These were started by special request and it was time that they were completed:



If you follow my blog, you might have spotted the above photo on this week's edition of Wonderful Wednesday.  Sorry for the duplication, but it's the only quilty thing I did all day!

WEDNESDAY morning, I went into the studio looking for items to take to the DOQ Road Show at The Health Center at Carol Woods. No cleaning or straightening was done, but I did rummage through the closet for a couple of Quilted Jackets to take with me to show the residents.

I spotted some Rainbow goodness on the way out of the facility:



During the afternoon, I had some housekeeping chores to attend to before leaving for Girls Night Out in the late afternoon.  (Early arrival means more time for knitting before the sun goes down!)

On THURSDAY morning, I headed off to my weekly Quilt Group meeting.  Plans for the afternoon weren't set in stone so I played in THESE scraps that Dee Dee delivered:



FRIDAY came and the knitters descended on Filament Coffee.  I missed Monday, so I couldn't resist!!

SATURDAY is LINK PARTY day over on the So Scrappy blog.  Angela concluded her Color of the Month program early this year.  That gave the RSC Quilters more time to get their rainbow projects put together before the end of the year.  Thanks, Angela!!

Well, I made some progress in the sewing room, however little! I've got to go finish getting ready because...

The quilters are coming.  The quilters are coming and they will be here very soon. (Anyone available to help clean up the last few piles of junk mail "decorating" the kitchen table???)  LOL

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo excited you are going to use your Circle Lord Swirls board on that quilt. It's perfect for it with all the points and angles!!! Pull or push the stylist to one side or the other slightly for nice centers. You're gonna love it! You may not have sewn many stitches these past two weeks, but you're happy busy. That's what matters! Have a great week -- and holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We basically have the same lack of interest in our sewing room this week. I didn't sew much either and spend more time cleaning up the sewing room than sewing. The cutting space and the iron board had gathered too much stuff. I had to dismember those gangs before they decide to hide precious fabric forever. Wishing you a great weekend with plenty of inspiration in the sewing room. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Think Spring quilt is so gorgeous! Have fun quilting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmph If I could clean off a table I'd do it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some times the pull of the sewing room is just not sufficient to over come the inertia of daily life. Glad you were able to find escape velocity and spend some time playing with fabric, even if it wasn't all stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My floor space is secretly shrinking, as is my checking account. Could those be related?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you. My sewing space and sometimes my kitchen counters suffer from "horizontalitis." I think it's the fault of carpenters as the counters are too level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little break is not a bad idea. After all, it's almost Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.