Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Decrapification Project - Part Six - The Aftermath

Decrapification (de-crap-if-ic-a-tion) The term coined by Rosamaria on Ravelry Thrifty Knitters group meaning to declutter a LOT of stuff (from a room or area.)

I liked it so much that I decided to use it for a blog post (or 2 or 10!)

It gets worse before it gets better...

In the last Decrapification Project post, I shared the REAL reason for the reorganization of my studio. This post will deal with the aftermath of such a HUGE project.

Here's a reminder of just how far I had to go to prepare the room for my new-to-me APQS Millennium longarm quilting machine:


Stuff was stacked to the ceiling!!  Ugh!!

Step 13 - Clear out the rafters.

This was accomplished by utilizing the 14 foot space BENEATH the machine.  Bags, baskets, and bins were lined up under the machine (and out of the path) in order to make my way down to my sewing tables.  I will want to get more of the LARGE bins in the foreground, but at $35/bin, that will have to wait for a future Decrapification Project!  In the meantime, this will have to do:


Special thanks to my friend, Cindy!  She came over to help me clear the paths to my sewing machines and figure out a workable way to store all of the accumulated quilting supplies.

Step 14 - Clean off the table... Again!!

This was SUCH a process!  I tackled one table at a time.  First my table and then "Britt's table", but only enough so that she could sew some blocks together!  Then it finally got cleared when my friend, Hilary, returned for a go at "Britt's table."



There are still a few random things on BOTH tables, but for the most part, they are clear. HOORAY!!

Step 15 - Start sewing!!!



My friend, Britt was back, again!  This time, she helped me load the machine and stayed right there beside me the entire time that I was quilting this first quilt on the longarm.  Thanks, Britt!!  It would have been a  MUCH more challenging process if you weren't there with me.

Mission accomplished and a job well done... with a LOT of help from my friends!!!  Thanks, everyone!!  I couldn't have done this without you.

Until next time...
Quilt on!!!

2 comments:

  1. A longarm! How exciting! Wishing you much fun with your new "toy." :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.