Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Decrapification Project - Part Five - The Reason

Decrapification (de-crap-if-ic-a-tion) The term coined by Rosamaria on Ravelry Thrifty Knitters group meaning to declutter a LOT of stuff (from a room or area.)

I liked it so much that I decided to use it for a blog post (or 2 or 10!)

The method to my madness...

In the last Decrapification Project post, I talked finding more room for storing my projects.  In this post I will share the truth about reorganizing my studio.

While THIS side of the sewing room looks GREAT:


The other side is a TOTAL wreck!!  (Just keepin' it real.)  Don't worry, though.  I'll fix it:

Special thanks to my friend, Tiffany, for sharing her Tetris skills to tackle this stage of the process!!

It MIGHT have something to do with THIS truck...

Step 10 - Rent a truck.

... And a really LONG trip (to the land of Sonny's BBQ.)  Along with an overnight stay:

Step 11 - Drive a LONG way.

And an interesting carpet in a far off hotel looks like a Modern quilt:


Some unique artwork:


The REAL reason for the Decrapification Project???


It involves a demo:


A lesson:


A modicum of panic:


Before...

We packed everything up, loaded the truck, and headed for home:


Apparently, we took the scenic route:


Over the river:


And through the woods:


OK, so it was actually around the lake and through the hills, but you get the point!!  :P

We arrived home at midnight, so it was "all hands on deck" to unload the truck (and fall into bed!)

After some much-needed sleep, the entire family was on hand to schlep everything upstairs and by late afternoon, my studio was beginning to take on a new shape:


A day or two later, the rails were ready for a carriage ride:


By the next night, the machine head had taken pride of place:

Step 12 - Welcome my new-to-me APQS Millennium!!
Not long after, my friend Joanna came over, proclaiming the machine perfectly balanced.  Nice job, DH!!!  Kudos and a big THANK YOU for making this happen!!

Until next time...
Dreams CAN come true!!

8 comments:

  1. Yay, Joyful!!! I hope you have many years of quilty goodness with your new acquisition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super. Now you can teach me a thing or two -- eventually. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous, Joy! What great fun you are going to have with your new machine. Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. You will put so much mileage on this little ... uhh big beauty. Enjoy! It is always easier to decrapificate a sewing room when something new is coming in. My decrapification is pretty much at a stand still now. But, enough about me. You go on and play with your new toy. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you just got your machine a year before I got mine, then! I remember that excitement of driving home with the machine all packed up in the back of the rental truck, butterflies in my stomach as I nervously watched my husband assemble the machine in my studio... How fun that you’ve got a post to share about this so we can all time travel back there with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderfully fun to read about the big adventure. The suspense was killing me even though I had a big clue where we were headed. I look forward to reading more about all the things you've learned in four whole years! How fun. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.