Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring 2016 (Ravelry) UFO Club - The List

Sign-ups for the Spring 2016 UFO Club are now CLOSED. Any interested quilters with 5 (or more) UFOs were required to sign up by Midnight (EST) on April 7, 2016. All qualifying UFOs must have been completed and posted to this discussion thread by Midnight (EST) on June 30, 2016.

NOTE 1:  I signed up, but I'm a little late posting my list.  Sorry!!  Don't worry, though, not much has changed from the Winter 2016 UFO Club... I finished NOTHING!!!  :o((

NOTE 2:  This post is also my entry for the Q2 Finish Along 2016.  Hopefully, they will accept this two-fer.

Here is my TOP TEN (Plus TWO) list for this quarter:

2 "C" Quilts:

1. Calico Ric Rac

This top has proven a challenge.  Needs borders... but WHAT???

2. Circle of Friends

I've got a plan for the borders... just have to execute the plan.

3 Mystery Quilts:

3. The Margaret Mystery

I've got to make the pieced borders.

4. The Tiffany Mystery

This project has been sitting in a basket on the bookcase shelf for MORE THAN 10 YEARS!!

5. The Bonnie (Hunter) Mystery - GIMQ 2014

~ 48" x 63"


3 Swap Quilts:

6. Snow Star Swap

This projects has been sitting on a shelf in the closet for 9 YEARS!

7. Ravelry Red Swap

Swapped AT LEAST 5 years ago... and STILL not a quilt top!  :o((

8. Art Bee Slice Swap (which is a quilt top waiting for applique)

Blocks were swapped at the December 2014 meeting, but these stragglers were traded in January 2015. The deadline passed and I have commissions this quarter. I still have hopes of finishing it... SOON!!!

2 Other Quilts:

9. Where's Jackson?

At home
How many years CAN a dog sit on a sewing table?  Only time will tell...

10. QE2 Goodbye Quilt

2015 WAS the year to complete this quilt... I've been in NC 16 years and it STILL didn't happen!

I plan to focus on the following quilts:

Sophie's T-Quilt - A commission quilt due by May 2016.  Most of the blocks are done, I just need to finish a few more and sew the top together.  (Shown on top of photo below.)



Owen's T-Quilt - A commission quilt due by May 2016.  Shown at the bottom of the photo above, this quilt is now completed with the exception of the binding.

Twelve projects round out the list for the quarter.  Realistically, I don't know how many (if ANY) of these I will be able to finish.  The TWO commission quilts will be my focus.  The problem???  I can only cut (or press) for VERY short periods of time due to a rotator cuff injury.  :o((

Oh, wait!  I forgot about my...

Bluff Quilt, which has grown into a quilt top:



Christmas Quilt (which has been waiting for YEARS to be added to the list!)







Blue/Green quilt that I promised my friend's son:



AND...

Dr. Pete's Wedding Quilt, which is a quilt top after last session's progress:



Along with my Bonnie Hunter 2015 Winter Mystery, Allietare, which is now a set of blocks:



Along with 2 commissions taken in March... (The only NEW items on the list!)

The Tennis T-Quilt...


And... "UNC the 2nd"... a T-Quilt:


That makes a total of 19 from which to choose during the Spring 2016 (Ravelry) UFO Club.  The last 2 quilts have August deadlines. Wish me luck (because I'm gonna need it!!)

I'm going to try to Link Up with The 2016 Q2 Finish Along.  Because, PRIZES = extra incentive to get projects DONE!!!  Hopefully, this post will be sufficient.


2016 button 250 best

Until next time...
Happy Finishing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Obviously the deadlines should take precedence. Next pick the one closest to done so you can feel a sense of accomplishment. And so on ... My mantra: finish two before I start one new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list - and wow - you have a lot of neat projects! Deadlines first? Wishing you luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.