Saturday, November 7, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC15 - Week 45

Welcome to Week 45 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  While I was away last weekend, Angela posted the Color of the Month for November's Rainbow Scrap Challenge on the first of the month (after "letting the cat out of the bag" in Saturday's RSC post wrapping up BROWN month.):

November Color Announcement

The color for November is light or bright green.  Green is second only to blue as far as volume for many of us, and it deserves another chance to come out and play.

Since I was busy with other sewing last week and went away for a long weekend, I owe you my
October's Month in Review... (which was prepared in advance, but posted after-the-fact.)  You can find that post HERE.

But first...  Back to Light / Bright GREEN...

Angela posted one of the two remaining Sampler Blocks:

November Block 1 - Ohio Star



This week got off to a SLOW start...  for me.

The bulk of SUNDAY was spent at SAFF (or driving home from SAFF.)  I really though that I would be able to complete my Month in Review for October, but found that I was exhausted from the trip and went straight to bed... after unloading the car.

I had BIG plans for MONDAY, but woke to find that I wouldn't be doing ANYTHING that happened outside of my bed!!  Apparently, I brought home some sort of stomach bug, along with all of my yarny purchases.  Every time I got out of bed, I felt sick.  Crawling back in bed helped me feel better, but who wants to stay in bed all day when there is quilting to be done?!  :o((

The verdict was still out for TUESDAY.  In the end, I went back to bed after waking DS2, got up to make some breakfast several hours later, and returned to bed.  I was REALLY hoping to get moving by around midday.

Well, I got in my shower before my stomach went crazy, again.  It was back to bed, for me.  :o((

On WEDNESDAY morning, I got out of bed to wake DS2 and make lunches.  That's a FIRST for this week!  However, that is as far as I got before heading back to bed.  I didn't crash as hard and was able to get up and have my own breakfast a couple of hours later.

Sick, Sick, Sick...  All better!  :o))

After breakfast, I went upstairs to check the status of my light and bright GREEN fabrics... finding that I had used most of them earlier in the year.  That's OK!  I'll work in a few more blocks and call it good.  (I've got PLENTY of other projects to work on, anyway!)  Here is my somewhat SHORT supply of light and bright GREEN:



I'm beginning to feel better.  I actually managed a trip to the grocery store AND was able to spend some time up in the sewing room!  I made ONE Maverick Star for Alycia's QOV Block Drive:



NOTE:  If you go make some blocks TODAY, you may have time to mail them off before the Veteran's Day (Nov. 11th) deadline!!!

Hopefully, your star points won't turn out like THIS:




OOPS!!!

I also put together ONE Maverick Star in Light/Bright GREEN:



THURSDAY morning, I was feeling quite a bit better, so off I went to my weekly Quilt Group.  After lunch, I came home to sew for a little while.  I made ONE Slab Block in Light/Bright GREEN:



On FRIDAY morning, I attended my weekly Knit Group.  When I got home, I had a few minutes before heading out to Senior Night for Marching Band.  I was able to make ONE String Block in Light/Bright GREEN:



Yes... I did have to feed those hungry children!!  This was the final night of Marching Band for the season.  Hooray!!  Only my own hungry mouths to feed on Friday nights from here on out!





This week ended up going by fairly quickly and SATURDAY got here before I knew what happened!  I joined Angela's LINK PARTY and cruised around BlogLand as the Rainbow Scrap Quilters added their own links.  Go have a look for yourself!  There are SEW MANY wonderful Light/Bright GREEN blocks being sewn...

Including my ONE Tiny Nine in Light/Bright GREEN...


... Which can be found at link number 17 this week.  Go have a look!

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

9 comments:

  1. So sorry that you were sick this week. There is something going on around here as well. Hopefully it has all passed though and you will be back at it again. Still, you did manage to get a bit of sewing done, even with the lost days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better!
    Love those tiny nines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better. What a nasty bug! Good work getting into the sewing room and making blocks for yourself and others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are feeling better. My hubby had it earlier last month and was out for 2.5 days. Try to take it easy - don't want a relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll since limes have vitamin c you might get better faster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take it easy - happy stitching when you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you were so sick this week. There's a lot of illness like that going around. Love your blocks. Especially the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are better after feeling so ill - didn't stop you quilting though and such cheerful work too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are doing better. It is nice to see what you are doing with your scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.