Monday, May 4, 2015

Mail Call Monday - Posture Protector

Hooray!!!

THIS box was waiting for me when I got home:


A couple of weeks ago, my friend Candy brought the Nancy's Notions catalog to Quilt Bee to see if anyone wanted to place a group order from Nancy's Notions.  Since quilt making can be "back-breaking" work, I had been contemplating buying one of THESE for a LONG time:



With the offer of shared shipping costs, I figured NOW was the time!  So I placed my order.

Here's what was in the box (in the box.):



It doesn't look like much nestled inside the confines of a relatively small box, but it promises good results.  (A fellow guild member absolutely LOVES hers!)  I thought I would post a picture showing the device in use, but I'm not sure how I'll manage to that, as no one else is home.  Look for a modeled photo at a later date.  (Or just look at the picture on the box and pretend it me!)  :P


Company recommendations:

For the 1st use, wear no more than 30 minutes.

After the first 30 minutes, take the Body Rite off in order to rest your body.  I did that, but didn't have time to do a 2nd session today.

The recommendation was to try the heavier weight first.  Now, I will have to determine if the 3 pound weight is right for me.  So next time, I'll try detaching the removable weight to see if that's less taxing (or possibly less effective.)


Here's my REVIEW after the first half hour of wear:

1. The device is fairly comfortable.  (Although, I may need to have another look at the strap connector next time.)

2. It's GREAT for pressing and for piecing!!  I had a large cut of fabric to press and felt much less (read NO) back stress afterwards.  For the first 15 minutes, I couldn't even tell that I was wearing the device!

3. I can't speak to how it is for actually quilting a quilt because I didn't get to that stage today.  I imagine that it would be equally as effective for that task.  (I'll be sure to tell you IF that theory is incorrect, but as I said, I've only hear good reviews.)


Until next time...
Quilt safely!

ETA:

On Day 2 the device was so comfortable that I almost forgot to take it OFF when leaving the studio (after a 45 minute sewing session!)

Day 3 didn't go quite so well.  I tried removing the 1 pound weight (leaving 2 pounds on the device) and felt fairly fatigued by the time my half-hour sewing session was over.

No conclusion was reached (as I had a late night the night before which may have contributed.)

I'll check back in another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.