Friday, May 8, 2015

Design Floor Friday - Old Orange

Hello out there!  It's Friday and time to upcycle a Design Floor Friday project post.


What on EARTH are you talking about, Joyful???


I'm talking about laying out a project that has already been featured in a Design Floor Friday post. That's what I'm talking about!  Or... maybe not...


Actually, the Orange Quilt was missing when I planned to feature it a week or so ago.  I remembered the "safe place" in which it was housed and it's out on the design floor.  It's been on the back burner for WAY too long!!  Three other quilts (with hard and fast deadlines) had to take priority. Now that they are done and delivered, I can start on the next commission quilt.

I give you Old Orange:


Shown here with the two border options.

It's an antique quilt top that a knitter friend has asked me to complete.  She is of the same mind as I am when it comes to antique tops... DONE is usable and able to be enjoyed.  Why have a quilt top stored away that no one ever sees or touches?  That is a WASTE of valuable storage space (and in this case, family history!)


THINK about it!!!  Don't YOU want people to use and enjoy the quilts that you make???


I believe that quilters of the past wanted that, too.  Don't get me wrong!!  I'm not suggesting that you use and abuse family heirlooms.  Gentle use and careful handling go a long way in helping an old, unused antique quilt fulfill its destiny.

Until next time...
Enjoy your family treasures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.