Friday, May 25, 2012

Patriotic Improv Jacket

Patriotic Improv Jacket by basketcasejoy
Patriotic Improv Jacket, a photo by basketcasejoy on Flickr.
Look! I just finished sewing the binding on my Patriotic Jacket. I can hardly believe that I got it done in time for Memorial day!  (Please note that the resident photographer was unavailable for the "photo shoot.")

This is another season in my Improv Jacket Series.  It features sample blocks, specifically made in patriotic colors, and random bits of red, white, & blue leftovers from the Quilts Of Valor that I have made over the years, to create this one-of-a-kind quilted garment.  The jacket also serves as a showcase of quilting patterns available to those who receive works made by me.

I tried a couple of new-to-me techniques on this jacket.  I included 3-D piecing taught by NeedleB and used a bit of McTavishing as part of the quilting design.  These techniques were incorporated, along with my tried-and-true "old favorites" like Loops & Swirls, various sizes of meandering stitches, and using words as part of the quilting design.

Happy Memorial Day (weekend)!  Please remember those who have served our country and lost their lives in the process.  I hope your weekend includes a bit of "pieceful" sewing time, as well.  I know I'll be heading up to the studio to get to work on another project.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.